Wood Training SwordThe sword (jian) is mainly used for defense. It requires a strategy of calmness in action. Sword training helps practitioners develop patience, calmness, and bravery. The double edged sword in considered the king of short armaments. This wood jian is great for practicing your forms before progressing to a metal sword. This is safe way to develop good habits for your self or a partner.
International shipping is NOT available.
Skill Level: 1 2 3
We have carefully selected this wood jian because it is well built, has good balance, and is affordably priced. This wood sword is ideal for either tai chi or kung fu training.
- The handle is smooth
- The wood blade has a sturdy structure
- Blade length is 28"
- Overall length is 36"
- The weight is approx. 11.5 oz
We rate this wood sword as a good choice for every day training. Get one today and enjoy years of use.
Wood Sword care TIPS
- When you show your sword to someone who knows nothing about it, be sure to tell the person what to do before handing it to them. this will protect your sword and will prevent injury.
- Never lay your sword on the ground. Somebody may step on it (bad).
- Avoid unnecessary whacking with your wood sword. Too much whacking and it just might break.
- Once in a while, clean it, and apply a light coat of wood polish or oil to the blade.
- Stick with wood swords until you are ready for a metal sword. Metal swords hurt if you hit somebody in training. Be smart.